Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mixtape - "R"

Bought myself the BBC produced series Extras on DVD yesterday and have spent all day watching it, it´s superb. This is Ricky Gervais second big creation, the first is of course The Office. Even though Extras were hilarious it´s not quite as fantastic as The Office. But if they were to be made in the opposite order I´d probably like first one best either how.

I was listening to music when I got the idea to make myself a new mixtape, been a while since last time. Since I´m a vinylfreak when I say mixtape I mean the old-fashioned way, the cassetteway. I have a Sony Walkman with FM Radio on it, haven´t changed batteries since we got colour television. And as I was listening to the superb debutsingle of the late seventiesband The Rezillos I decided that the mixtape should just contain artists starting with the letter R. It´s funny how you re-discover your music when searching for specifics like this, one suddenly remember that Kenny Rogers actually has a cool song and that Brian Ferry has a godgiven voice. Could a band featuring Thom Yorke, Jack White and Keith Richards create magic? I think that making mixtapes after letters is quite an interesting idea and I think I´ll pursue down that road, maybe one tape for each letter of the alphabet? Well anyway, after a couple of hours with selecting and recording the tape looks like this.


Mixtape - "R"
Side A:
1. Ratatat - Montanita
2. Raincoats - No Ones Little Girl
3. Radiohead - Karma Police
4. Josh Rouse - Miracle
5. Rogue Wave - Every Moment
6. Roxy Music - All I Want Is You
7. Kenny Rogers - Just Dropped In
8. Lou Reed - Vicious
9. Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker

Side B:
1. Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve & Danno
2. The Rezillos - I Can´t Stand My Baby
3. Jonathan Richman - Roadrunner
4. Razorlight - Vice
5. The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes
6. The Replacements - I Will Dare
7. R.E.M - Radio Free Europe
8. Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
9. Reigning Sound - Don´t Send Me No Flowers, I Ain´t Dead Yet