Friday, November 23, 2007

Disappointed

I am a pop/rock guy. But I do like a good hiphop tune when they come around, if I narrow that down to norwegian hiphop acts those tunes don't come around too often(in my opinion), so that's why I got so happy after hearing MadCon's Beggin' for the first time. I really liked it, superb and catchy melody, it is the sound of success. And success it has been for them selling over 10.000 singles. But after some research I found out the song is actually a cover, and also almost identical to the original song. It's still a great accomplishment and still a great performance by MadCon, but the real credit should go to the management. Releasing an old hit as the first single, selling tons, have the band perform all over the tv channels and participating in Skal vi danse, before releasing the album. Fantastic promotion, and the album will probably sell good as well, at least if their own songs are as good as Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons's.