Monday, October 17, 2011

Trondheim

For the first time since Iben came along I spent the weekend away. I went to Trondheim for some inspiration. On friday I showed my portfolio to six different ad agencies and I got some very nice feedback, my self confidence would like to say thanks.
On saturday I went to three different lectures at my old school Fotofagskolen. I went to see Erik Almås, that was very inspirational. He is such a talented guy and it seems like he is kicking some serious ass in the states. Lots and lots of great jobs.

Then I went to see Simon Cederquist. A swedish artist living in Berlin. I must say I really admired his guts and how he believed in himself and his work. Truly anti-jantelov.

And the last lecture of the day was none other than Oliviero Toscani. He is quite the legend, becoming world famous for his controversial commercials for United Colors of Benetton. He was intense and enthusiastic. He sort of made me wish I was a photographer in the 60s, 70s or even 80s.

Sometimes one really need these kind of weekends with lots of creative input and inspiration. Thanks.

trondheim_0061_151011.jpg