Monday, December 21, 2009

2009 - Reviewed

After finishing the final pictures of the year, sending out the last invoices and paying off the few remaining bills, I felt that a good way to finish off 2009 for my blog is to make a post that sort of sums up the year.

I can't deny that it has been a very good year professionally. I've been busy more or less the entire year with just some weeks after my summer holiday being somewhat quiet. I've been assigned to a lot of great jobs with a lot of challenges both on the creative side and in the pre and postproduction aspects of the job. I feel like I have improved very much as a photographer this year and as a working photographer with everything that come along with the profession that has nothing to do with taking pictures and I feel way more secure while working with advanced retouching than I was in 2008. I believe the reason for this is that I have put in a lot of hours to improve myself this year.

Some of my work never saw daylight, some jobs were turned down by the client even though the ad-agency loved it, some work I'm not too happy with what I managed to come up with but fortunately enough most of my jobs made the client, the ad agency and myself feeling happy. I guess I can't expect every job I do to be better than the last, even though that is my goal. I won't quit even though I might have to take a step or two backwards every now and then, as long as the finishing line is miles ahead of where I started I'll be happy.

All in all this has been a truly fantastic year, hopefully next year can be equally challenging, funny and rewarding.
I'd like to thank all the creatives out there who believed enough in me to hand me work, hopefully I didn't let you down so we can keep working together further on into the future. Hopefully I'll get some new people to shout out "Heia Espen" and hand me some exciting work as well. I'd also like to thank my mum, my dad, my girlfriend and the man upstairs. Love you all.

Cheers everyone, I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year. See ya all in 2010.

Feel free to take a trip to my portfolio and check out my work - Heia Espen.